Travel Coaches Needed - Summer Camp & Tournament
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CoachMark

216 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2009 :  07:54:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Coaches -

Coaches from several travel teams are putting together a Summer Camp & Tournament for rising 9u, 10u, 11u & 12u on July 13 - 19. You can earn up to $300 for your team by volunteering to work for this event.

The camp will run Mon - Fri from 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm to avoid the Summer heat, Sat (all day) and Sun afternoon. The days will be broken down as follows:
  • Mon - Wed will be a Camp-style event with individual instruction for pitching, hitting, baserunning, and position-specific fielding
  • Thurs will be team practice day
  • Fri - Sun (no Sun morning games) 4 game minimum travel-style tournament complete with umpires, trophies, etc.

The camp/tournament goals are:
  • Teach the travel rules to players new to travel (primarily 9u & 10u)
  • Improve the skill level and learn new drills from different coaches to prepare for 2010 try-outs
  • Migrate players and coaches from different teams to bring the travel community closer together
  • aise some money for Advocates for Children (www.AdvoChild.org)

This Camp/Tournament is not sponsored by any local baseball organization, but has grown from the Georgia Travel Baseball community.

If you would like to volunteer your time to coach in this event, I have set up an coach's application on my team's website. We are looking for experienced coaches to lend your talents. You do not have coach in these age groups to be eligible.

I have listed a coach application on my team's website which you can find here:
http://www.hometeamsonline.com/teams/default.asp?u=SP10UWILDCATS&t=c&s=baseball&p=registration.

If you have any questions, comments, issues regarding this event, you can contact me at markehester@gmail.com.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000