Gymnastics versus Baseball
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

baseballpapa

1520 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2009 :  14:35:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guys,

Papa has done his best to promote and represent the great game of baseball and has even bragged about his 2 grandsons in the process. I love this game and can think of very few things in my life that I enjoy more.

But if I don't mention my granddaughter and her gymnastics my wife has threatend to take my posting priveleges away. If you could indulge me and let Papa mention that his 12 year granddaughter won the State Gymnastic Meet in her age division I will appreciate it forever.

These kids come from a good gene pool filled with athletic abiilities beginning with their Papa (this is a joke) and I cannot think of anything better than sports to fill their spare time. My granddaughter practices her gymnastics 4 hours per day, 4 days a week. If my grandson's practiced like this they would be ready for draft day right now.

Do you guys have the same problem with your managing your time between all of the kids or grandkids. This weekend for example I will attend Friday night and Saturday games in Rockwood, TN for the Battle of the South and late Saturday night drive into Nashville, TN to see the 10 year old play in the Faith Hill and Tim McGraw benefit. It can get hectic to say the least. How do you guys cope with this. Papa gets in trouble sometimes because baseball is my passion.

Edited by - baseballpapa on 04/30/2009 14:45:02

Shut Out

512 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2009 :  16:00:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Papa,
Congratulations on your granddaughters accomplishment. It is one thing to have success in a team sport as you can win even though you may not have had your best day but your teammates pick you up and help bring home the win but to have success in an individual sport like gymnastics takes more than just endurance and talent. You have to be able to compete on the biggest stage when the spotlight is on you alone. To compete in an individual sport like gymnastics, golf or tennis you really have to love it because most of those countless practice hours are just you and your instructor no teammates to pal around with. Congrats again on her wonderful accomplishment.
Go to Top of Page

fourseam

162 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2009 :  16:22:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats to your granddaugheter, sounds like athletic ability runs in the family. We all need to support our children and grandchildren in what ever they are involved in. I admire the fact that you are supportive of all you grandkids, good job papa. We all know that gymnist are some of the most dedicated athletes out there, and are probably the most physically fit of all.
Go to Top of Page

10 BB

264 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2009 :  10:02:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those kids are real lucky to have a grandfather that cares enough to go and to talk all the time about them like you do PaPa. I vote PaPa GRANDPAW of the year!!!
Go to Top of Page

GABaseBallDad

42 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2009 :  12:24:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Papa, First tell you granddaughter congratulations and that a she is admired by baseball dads/moms/and grand whatevers for all the hard work and dedication she has put into her sport.... I tip my hat.

Second, to you. I only have one son that plays 10U, but as I watch the other parents that have multiple children in multiple sports run around from here and there... I have to admire that completely. We have on our team a family that has baseball players in 10U and 9U from different parks and the parents do a great job spliting the time from one game/tournament to the next. But the stand out here for them is that same family has two sets of grandparents and a set of great-grandparents (in their 90's I might add) that make it to all the games they can. Our 10U (Marietta, based) team played a 10:00 game in Monroe that the great-grandparents drove to only to leave at the end of that game and proceed to Dalton to see the afternoon 9U game...... So Papa, to you and the others I have mentioned here...... I tip my hat
Go to Top of Page

momof12

20 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2009 :  23:26:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 10 BB

Those kids are real lucky to have a grandfather that cares enough to go and to talk all the time about them like you do PaPa. I vote PaPa GRANDPAW of the year!!!

PaPa would have my vote too--but he would have to share it with "Tucker's Bo" (his name on here)as well. We are very fortunate to have several grandparents who travel each weekend with our kids. My niece cheered at Auburn and my parents traveled to Auburn almost every weekend they played at home. They rarely--if ever--miss a game with my son. They support my daughter in whatever she is doing at the moment. Right now, it is softball,but they have watched her cheer, do gymnastics and play basketball as well. I am grateful for their support of my kids.

The thing that makes PaPa different is he treats the whole team like they are his own. I don't know if I have ever known a more generous man than PaPa--and is wife is just as great! We are very fortunate to have met PaPa and his family--just one more blessing we have received from travel baseball.

Go to Top of Page

I Love Baseball

12 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2009 :  23:38:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gymnastics and Karate are the best sports to start your kids in, both boys and girls! The core strength, flexibility and coordination build a solid foundation for all future sports.

Congratulations on your granddaughter's achievement. I'm sure you're quite proud.
Go to Top of Page

baseballpapa

1520 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2009 :  14:22:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To share any honor with TuckersBo would be good with Papa but from what I have seen in travel baseball there are many families, fans, and friends that could share in this starting with every single one of the Bandits parents that sacrifice so much for these children. The major point for me is that I am selfish in that I get so much enjoyment out of watching all of the kids enjoy all the things that baseball offers. I will say that it is a joy to watch our guys not only win games but to see them having so much fun in doing it. I hope the kids enjoy playing the game half as much as PaPa enjoys watching them play it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000