General Discussion
 14 yr old bat size
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rjrousseau1

81 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2008 :  15:45:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When is a drop 3 bat mandatory? Is it at 14s or not until you play high school ball? I realize there is the theory that 14s should switch to the drop 3 so they are prepared for high school ball, but I am more interested in the rule in this post.

If a drop 5 is still allowed in 14s, are there any affiliations (USSSA, AAU, Triple Crown, etc) that require a drop 3 be used?

bballman

1432 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2008 :  16:37:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Drop 3 is not mandatory at 14. We only played one tournament where it was mandatory - that was the Cal Ripken tournament in Myrtle Beach. USSSA, Triple Crown, Fletcher, BPA are all organizations that I know do not require -3. If you are playing HS ball, it is required, but 14u travel does not require it.
Go to Top of Page

zbake

399 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2008 :  16:47:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am hearing rumor and I think its on the West Cobb Baseball Site that Dizzy Dean is requiring minus 3 starting at 13. IF so that is crazy. 14 you probably want to go to minus 3 anyways because that will give them a full year before h.s.
Go to Top of Page

thirdbase

28 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2008 :  09:39:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A drop three bat is mandatory in middle school ball and high school ball but not mandatory in 14u leauges such as rec or travel baseball, although in travel baseball drop five is the lightest bat by rule of any affiliation a player can use.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000