General Discussion
 bat stamps
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MAPSTRE

33 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2011 :  18:30:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With USSSA requiring bat stamps on all bats, what are we to do with bats we bought last year? Can we send them off to USSSA to have them re-certified or what is the process?

21BS21

28 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2011 :  20:55:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In August, I was told by Louisville Slugger that they would put the USSSA stamp on the bat we bought in May for $25 if I sent it back. They said they that would keep that program available until the end of the year. Well, we finished our fall season and I called back to get the return #. I was informed that USSSA had told them that they could not stamp a used bat. That if the bat was no longer wrapped, that it could have been tampered with and could not be stamped. I asked what on the new bats is going to make it impossible for someone to tamper with it. He said nothing really. If someone wants to doctor a bat they will find a way to do it. I asked your question about having the bat tested to ensure it had not been tampered with. He said they do not have testing equipment at their factory. I asked him how they test the new bats. If I understood him correctly, he said that they send a bat out when they 1st design it to get it tested, then then just make all the others the same way. All I could do was laugh.
IMO, If USSSA was worth anything they would provide the testing equipment at their big tournaments so that each bat could be tested and stamped or at least have a plan that they could charge a little for to have it tested. I am sure that the organizations that have the testing equipment would love to make a little money and test each bat to help pay for that equipment. It would be a win win and create a few jobs.
Somebody might have already suggested this, but we need to start a petition to send to USSSA to get them to step up to make this happen. I have never done anything like that. Where would you start and is it already too late?
Last thing, I am by no means complaining about them making these bats safer. I agree something needs to be done, but at least don't force us to buy new bats. That is kinda like the federal government making us buy something we might not want to buy. They wouldn't do that, oh wait, They did what? :)
Go to Top of Page

itsaboutbb

164 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2011 :  23:08:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MAPSTRE

With USSSA requiring bat stamps on all bats, what are we to do with bats we bought last year? Can we send them off to USSSA to have them re-certified or what is the process?

Has anybody asked Utrip how much bat company's had paid them for this?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000