General Discussion
 Arm Strengthening
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

crackedbats

160 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2011 :  07:40:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just wondering what are the best ways to increase arm strength and velocity. I see websites with various tools described as the next best things since sliced bread. What really works?

Catch3dad

90 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2011 :  09:10:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by crackedbats

Just wondering what are the best ways to increase arm strength and velocity. I see websites with various tools described as the next best things since sliced bread. What really works?

Long toss is the best and safest way to develop arm strength.
Go to Top of Page

dmb350

135 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2011 :  09:42:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are several basic things that can be done to help increase arm strength some what but as far as velocity goes I'll quote my son's pitching coach (former Major league pitcher), "If there was a guaranteed way to add velocity to a pitcher's arm then I wouldn't be giving lessons for a living I'd be selling that system". All those products are selling the idea, not the result.

Stay with long toss, rotator work with bands, plyometrics and WORK THE LEGS. Legs are the most over looked aspect of pitching. My son is a velocity guy, throws hard, always has but now he knows how to pitch it's his legs that tire out before his arm most times.
Go to Top of Page

Bigwhitevan

67 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2011 :  11:57:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also have heard Leo Mazzone say that throwing a football is very effective as well. Also would add abs and side torso muscle regime. The greatest aid to a baseball player is the ability to rotate quickly at the hips.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000