New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Gwinnett

791 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2011 :  08:51:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Bandits would truly TOY with these teams. Not even a comparison!!! SORRY, the Bandits wouldn't struggle????? THEY WOULD DOMINATE!!!!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by T13

Little league is much more exciting......kind of like going to a Yankees/red six game vs, a braves marlin game ......the atmosphere of little league world series will never be topped.......and the bandits would struggle hitting from 46!....its a different game

Go to Top of Page

baseballpapa

1520 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2011 :  09:15:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My Bandits wouldn't struggle hitting from 36' so you do have that part wrong and evidently have not watched the Bandits play. I do agree that the LL game is exciting but do you do not think that it might be the TV exposure and not the level of play. There are outfielders and infielders that I have seen not make a routine play, once I could say bad hop but I am seen multiple routine plays booted by the LL.
Go to Top of Page

oldmanmj

191 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2011 :  09:28:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
T13, sorry to have to say you are flat wrong on that statement. I have coached against multiple LLWS teams in CA, CO and GA. Had Elite Travel teams, played their rules so they could get better and also see if they could compete. Neither game was competitive, run ruled them every time. We played with 12 kids, sub rules, no lead off etc. We wore out their pitchers, their hardest thrower was 74 mph at 46 ft. 3 of mine were 84 mph at 46 ft and 81-82 at 50ft. In one game we hit, 5 consecutive homeruns, each one over 250 ft. Depth is the biggest difference, my 12 were better than any of their players, including the kid from Columbus a couple of years ago and the kid from WR this year.

It is still fun to watch and see kids have an absolutely unforgettable experience and that means more than right now than who is better than who. The energy is awesome.
Go to Top of Page

Spartan4

913 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2011 :  10:56:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
These "atmosphere" comments are the same reason every 10U and 12U team goes to Cooperstown...It certainly isn't for the competition...I don't think anyone on here disagrees that the LL atmosphere is awesome, but the competition and field dimensions and rules are a joke...They are playing on the same fields we played 9U on and are twice the size!!

Go to this link select a team and watch some individual player videos and tell me what you think, watch the outfielders specifically....They are throwing the ball from RF to catcher and not one kid really has a laser throw into home, a bunch of lolli-pop throws and balls that bounce at the mound....The talent just isn't there...Wanna see the best 10-11-12U baseball around, find a TC tourney or goto EC for a weekend, you won't hear many cowbells or see tv cameras but you will see kids actually playing baseball, LL rules make the game look like girls softball with the tiny fields and no lead offs.
Go to Top of Page

T13

257 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2011 :  12:07:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Little League is a neighborhood allstar team and has to be evaluated on its rules....also, I can't say the parks are too small in little league because we've played in plenty of places where tournament directors had us on fields that were too small......
Go to Top of Page

AllStar

762 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2011 :  18:33:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oldmanmj

...including the kid from Columbus a couple of years ago...

He was on the 17U EC Braves. Aren't they the #1 ECB 17U team?
Go to Top of Page

itsbaseballtime

348 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2011 :  02:24:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by T13

Little League is a neighborhood allstar team and has to be evaluated on its rules....also, I can't say the parks are too small in little league because we've played in plenty of places where tournament directors had us on fields that were too small......

T13, I think you need to actually go watch a Major Elite Travel team play. I am not with the bandits but have watched them and played against them over the last 2 years. They would beat these LL teams in run rule games 90+% of the time. No doubt, no questions...different level of talent from top to bottom, different understanding of the game(how many cuts have you seen that were cuts and more importantly went to the right spot), and of course pitching....Their top 5 pitchers could compete with many 13u Major Travel teams. I did not say win---I said compete..

Good luck Bandits!!!!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000