General Discussion
 Cooperstown
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

snappy

33 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2011 :  21:31:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can anyone shed light on the difference between Dreampark vs All Star Village? Until recently, I wasn't aware of the All Star Village. Any feedback is welcome. Thanks.

snorton11

25 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2011 :  08:54:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They are two entirely different places. The Dreampark is the one that most people go to. It is the one that has 100's of teams each week. The All Star Village is a competitor and is 30 or so miles away from Cooperstown from what I hear. The number of teams that enter the All Star Village is much less, the price is a little better, and they have air conditioned barracks. When you go to both of their websites they are very similar in their approach.
Go to Top of Page

in_the_know

985 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2011 :  10:06:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We drove out to ASV while at Cooperstown this summer just to check it out. The difference is like Outback compared to Ruth's Chris. ASV is like a tiny village. It has 8 fields. Each week's tournament is mostly All-Star to AAA level competition. Might be 20 to 30 teams a week. There is lodging onsite for families who want to stay in their hotel. They have a swimming pool for the players barracks. They have webcams on all fields. Overall, significantly smaller and lower in scale. That said, it appears to be a much more intimate setting, very different from CDP.
Go to Top of Page

AA17Dad

211 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2011 :  11:19:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All Star Village is newer, smaller, better fields, better barracks with A/C and a Pool. From where we stay'd 2 years ago is was not much further to All Star Village than it was to Dream Parks,just opposite side of the hill way were staying at. If All Star was smart they would do 13 Y/O so those that enjoyed Cooperstown @ 12 could return again the following year.
Go to Top of Page

snappy

33 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2011 :  17:49:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I greatly appreciate the feedback from everyone. We are trying to get our ducks in a row for 2012 C'town Dreampark and all of the sudden ASV was brought up, which I was unaware of. Thanks everyone.
Go to Top of Page

loveit

26 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2011 :  16:43:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.nwgabaseball.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14526
You might enjoy reading this link on the subject...
Go to Top of Page

ECBdad

21 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2011 :  21:32:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All Star village will generally host 24 teams. The experience there seems to be a little less intense. That said, I would think that the percentage of competition is roughly the same at both parks. I watched some solid AA teams from GA go 4-2 and 5-1 at Dreams Park and the same teams likely would have gone 3-3 or worse at ASV. The teams that played in the final at ASV the week we were there this year could play with any of the major teams we saw this year. Air Conditioned barracks at ASV come in handy especially this year. I do not think you can go wrong with either park as they are both great experiences for the kids. Dreams is closer the cooperstown and the hall, but its easily accessable from ASV as well. My advice would be if you are a major level team and bragging rights are important to you, pick Dreams.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Old School

314 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2011 :  09:18:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would never give up going to Dreams Park to go to All-Star Village, but I really like AA17Dad's idea of ASV going to a different age group. I would love to have gone back up that way, but 12u is the last age to go. Being able to go up to ASV at 13u would have been a lot of fun.
Go to Top of Page

kfbaseball

2 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2011 :  21:08:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dreams park was the best experience we have ever had!! First class operation..my boys wanted to go back and I did too!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000