General Discussion
 ECB Field Space
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

coaches_1

8 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2011 :  19:33:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I took my son to an ECB team's "unofficial" tryout the other day. The "lead instructor" was giving a pre-tryout talk and announced that the 9U and 11U teams would practice at the same times (1.5 hours two times a week). It was my first time at ECB and some parents said something about coaches having kids on both teams. Is field space so bad at ECB two teams have to share their field time? Is this common practice?

gamefanatic

40 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2011 :  21:23:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
2 different field sizes - are you sure they were talking about practicing on the same field? Practices go on all over the place all the time. Can't imagine any coach at ECB sharing a field especially with a team 2 years younger.
Go to Top of Page

AllStar

762 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2011 :  06:39:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Field time at ECB is less than ideal unless you are one of the top teams. A lot of their teams have a regular practice field somewhere besides ECB.
Go to Top of Page

Shut Out

512 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2011 :  08:44:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gamefanatic

2 different field sizes - are you sure they were talking about practicing on the same field? Practices go on all over the place all the time. Can't imagine any coach at ECB sharing a field especially with a team 2 years younger.

FYI 9's and 11's play on the same size field at ECB
Go to Top of Page

3sondad

220 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2011 :  08:50:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shut Out

quote:
Originally posted by gamefanatic

FYI 9's and 11's play on the same size field at ECB

I think they are talking about 9's play 65' bases 46' mound. 11's play 70' bases, 50' mounds.
Go to Top of Page

Enine

66 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2011 :  09:23:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What I heard was that they would combine the 9&10 and the 11&12 practices in order to have more coaches run more that 2-3 stations during a practices. 9/10U would both be in a 46/65 field and the 11/12U would be in 50/70. The only way this can work effectively is if the coaches of the teams workout together share the same practice philosophy.

If both teams in the age groups have a preferred practice time this would result in at least 2 practices at ECB.
Go to Top of Page

No-No

2 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2011 :  16:18:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At the younger ages, it doesn't seem like this would be considered ideal for developing the players at either age group, especially when you have some kids at 9u just making the transition into Kid Pitch. Although, it would be convienient for the parents or coaches with kids on both teams.
Coaches_1- did you confirm it would be 9's and 11's practicing together?
Go to Top of Page

BeanerBALL

9 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2011 :  15:26:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think that head coach has a son in each age group,and they don't practice at the some time. Think about it though .........
Go to Top of Page

AA17Dad

211 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2011 :  08:10:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To answer your questions...Yes and Yes.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000