NWBA Forums
 General Discussion
 Fall tourneys
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

263 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2011 :  11:24:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was looking at tournaments for the fall and had a couple questions for all you "seasoned" vets.
1. When does your team start to play up to next age group? Summer play, fall tourneys or wait till Spring?
2. Do you find Fall tournament entry fees are less? I am noticing they still seem to be in the $300-$400 range and almost all of them have gate fees. I would think they would be a bit cheaper to try and get teams to play.
3. Do you tend to play more independent/park tourneys or go with big organization (USSSA, Grand Slam) tourneys?

Edited by - 22202 on 07/15/2011 11:25:30

Mad1

252 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2011 :  12:32:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
22202, We are going to go ahead and start 10u ball for the fall. All our kids opted to stay with baseball this year, instead of football. Spent the last month trying out some and added a couple of spots. Most of what we play will probably be a couple USSSA tourneys, but will also play park tourneys around the south side where we are from. I have noticed the southside TD's havent posted yet though. Also, Congrats on your performance in the series, Great job.

Edited by - Mad1 on 07/15/2011 13:03:22
Go to Top of Page

Scatbat

39 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2011 :  12:49:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You would play up to the next age group in the fall.
Go to Top of Page

prestont

197 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2011 :  13:41:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last fall Nations had some great deals - $50 & $75 tournaments.

Can't beat those deals to play ball. Last fall I think we had one practice before jumping in on a $75 tourney, but definitely worth it.

Hopefully Nations will offer same deals this fall.
Go to Top of Page

itsaboutbb

164 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2011 :  13:58:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 22202

I was looking at tournaments for the fall and had a couple questions for all you "seasoned" vets.
1. When does your team start to play up to next age group? Summer play, (fall) tourneys or wait till Spring?
2. Do you find Fall tournament entry fees are less? (NO) I am noticing they still seem to be in the $300-$400 range and almost all of them have gate fees. I would think they would be a bit cheaper to try and get teams to play. (Plenty of Teams Play)
3. Do you tend to play more independent/park tourneys or go with big organization (USSSA, Grand Slam) tourneys? (Both)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000