New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

baseballpapa

1520 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2011 :  10:16:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is a topic on another site that has asked this question. As the Bandits travel and people look me up to discuss the game of baseball they always ask about the Bandits and the discussion almost always starts at their 6U year when they were known as the "Bunting Bandits". Now they are 12 years old and much bigger but they are still the "Bandits"

Folks at the park have been asking recently how many games the Bandits have won since 6 years old and the question kept coming up. After an exhaustive search by the only man that was capable of putting these stats together. (Coach Chris) which most of the travel ball community knows to be the brains behind the brain the following information was discovered.

Since their 6 year old up to the present 12U group the Bandits have accomplished the following:

Wins: 514

Losses 24

Ties: 1

13 State Championships

7 World or National Titles

10U Cooperstown Championship with 643 Cougars on the field with us
This is one of Papa's most precious moments to see 22 kids from Georgia in that stadium hugging and high fiving one another. I will carry that memory to my last day and then share it in heaven if the Lord will let me. Only thing sharing it up there I might not get to stretch the story. Oh well, there is always a trade off.

Omaha Triple Crown Championship

Battle in the South Championship

Entered over 100 tournaments and played in the championship game in all but 6.

Please do not think that the above is an attempt to brag or pound on my chest. I have been asked this question at least 20 times this year and the above is just the facts as researched by Coach Chris. I have nominated the Bandits as one of the top 5 teams but I have seen so much travel ball and know that many of the East Cobbs teams have most likely accomplished as much or more and that there is no telling how many teams can beat the above stats.

baseballnutz

427 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2011 :  11:05:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
514 wins and 24 losses with the talent you guys go looking for week in and week out is amazing! I will put that 7 yr record up against any team in the country. This may have been asked, how many of the original Bandits from the 6U to 8U teams are still together? That much talent in that small of an area is amazing, just look at the other age groups they are always competitive.
Go to Top of Page

dmb350

135 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2011 :  11:11:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Credit where credit is due. They are successful without a doubt, BUT the game changes very soon with bigger fields and puberty. Many teams that are successful early on find that their advantage is lost when those factors come into play. ALL of the top elite teams at 14U and up add/change rosters yearly to stay on top. Doubtful your Bandits will be able to maintain all the original players and still be that successful. No team is formed that early and has the premier players in every position. It's just not possible. Good luck though. I applaud the team for staying together his long. That is a feat all by itself now days.
Go to Top of Page

SSBuckeye

575 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2011 :  11:25:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is crazy. My kids couldn't win that much on their video game player. Well done!
Go to Top of Page

ljames

48 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2011 :  12:22:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I don't care what age it is that is impressive.
Go to Top of Page

EastsideBB

44 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2011 :  12:49:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I see a book and/or a movie in the making if these group of kids stay together up to 17U/18U and some go on to college and/or pro ball.
Go to Top of Page

wareagle

324 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2011 :  13:03:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Please do not think that the above is an attempt to brag or pound on my chest
quote:

Call me arrogant if you want to, If my son's team had a record like that you would hear me pounding my chest all the way to Disney or Cooperstown.
Go to Top of Page

oldmanmj

191 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2011 :  14:18:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those are phenomenal stats. I would like to know what they have done the last 2 years. Having friends and family playing in the same age group the last 2 years, I have never heard of the Bandits nor have we ever played against them at the elite level. Nor did I see them at Disney the last 2 years. Make no mistake, at every level that is awesome. Keeping a group of boys together that long is awesome, will they be playing at the same high school? That coach will have to be drooling. Keep it up Bandits!
Go to Top of Page

ramman999

241 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2011 :  17:16:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Papa, that ain't braggin, dem's the facts!! I would venture to guess not too many (if any) organizations can stake a claim about a group held together for 7 yrs, much less one that competes on such a high level
Go to Top of Page

mjones9226

81 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2011 :  19:18:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Who are the other 4?
Go to Top of Page

bmoser

1633 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2011 :  15:21:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dmb350:
I had the same opinion about the Bandits back in 6U,and 7U Coach pitch days when they were beating everyone in sight. I would tell anyone that would listen "wait until kid pitch, they are too small to get it out of the infield, the bigger stronger pitchers will blow it by them, and they'll get waxed".

Well, it didn't work out that way. I couldn't have been more wrong. They are amazingly adaptable and determined.

Go to Top of Page

loveforthegame25

448 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2011 :  21:06:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last years 14U Astros
Go to Top of Page

G-Man

326 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2011 :  02:44:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Papa that is very very very very IMPRESSIVE!!! I for one am looking forward to seeing this team together come 13 and 14u. Probably whats even more impressive than the record is the fact that this team stayed together that long. I hope this carries on through the 14u season or longer and we are still discussing our baseball sucess and failures.

quote:
Originally posted by baseballpapa

There is a topic on another site that has asked this question. As the Bandits travel and people look me up to discuss the game of baseball they always ask about the Bandits and the discussion almost always starts at their 6U year when they were known as the "Bunting Bandits". Now they are 12 years old and much bigger but they are still the "Bandits"

Folks at the park have been asking recently how many games the Bandits have won since 6 years old and the question kept coming up. After an exhaustive search by the only man that was capable of putting these stats together. (Coach Chris) which most of the travel ball community knows to be the brains behind the brain the following information was discovered.

Since their 6 year old up to the present 12U group the Bandits have accomplished the following:

Wins: 514

Losses 24

Ties: 1

13 State Championships

7 World or National Titles

10U Cooperstown Championship with 643 Cougars on the field with us
This is one of Papa's most precious moments to see 22 kids from Georgia in that stadium hugging and high fiving one another. I will carry that memory to my last day and then share it in heaven if the Lord will let me. Only thing sharing it up there I might not get to stretch the story. Oh well, there is always a trade off.

Omaha Triple Crown Championship

Battle in the South Championship

Please do not think that the above is an attempt to brag or pound on my chest. I have been asked this question at least 20 times this year and the above is just the facts as researched by Coach Chris. I have nominated the Bandits as one of the top 5 teams but I have seen so much travel ball and know that many of the East Cobbs teams have most likely accomplished as much or more and that there is no telling how many teams can beat the above stats.

Edited by - G-Man on 04/22/2011 08:48:55
Go to Top of Page

bball99

29 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2011 :  11:40:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has the same group of boys actually been together for the past 6 years? Looks like they have dropped and added a few each year.
Go to Top of Page

Rick Cosper

450 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2011 :  11:49:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, that's a very impressive record and list of accomplishments. You should be very proud as a parent or as a coach. Someone has done a great job of keeping a very talented group of player together and happy for a long time. Which as we all know isn't easy to do. Congratulations to the entire Bandit organization and good luck in the future!

Not sure how the Bandits would rank all time but I would venture to guess they would be in the top 5.
There are a couple of teams that come to mind who would be close to accomplishing the same type record.
The Houston Banditos team from 2005-2008 won something like 150 plus straight games. If memorial serves me correctly, they didn't loss a game until their 13u season.
Back in 2006 the 13u Southern Cal Redwings were just flat out dominating. TBS and some other publications called them the best 13u team to ever play the game. To this day, I still haven't seen a 13u team like that Redwings team and I've seen a lot of great 13u teams. The Redwings were loaded with talent, players like BRYCE HARPER,CHRISTIAN LOPES, DANIEL CAMARENA,JOSHUA ANDERSON,and ANDRE REAL just to name a few. I think that whole team is now either playing D1 or was drafted.

Go to Top of Page

baseballRus

126 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2011 :  13:11:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

This is an amazing stat....some long (but fun) weekends over the years!!!
Go to Top of Page

HITANDRUN

436 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2011 :  11:36:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BMOSER I said the same thing, "they are too small to get it out of the infield, the bigger stronger pitchers will blow it by them as they get older, and they'll get waxed". I think had the original team from 6U stayed together that is exactly what would have happened.
How many were from the original 6u Team? 2 or 3? maybe

I have "no" doubt the team that is together now will be great at 14 and up, field size wont make a difference, they can play on those fields now.
Go to Top of Page

4 seam

46 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2011 :  11:54:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The yard dog black 8u kid pitch with coach Crawforon three years ago won 118 games in a row!

Edited by - 4 seam on 04/27/2011 12:40:16
Go to Top of Page

Nole27

27 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2011 :  15:49:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 4 seam

The yard dog black 8u kid pitch with coach Crawforon three years ago won 118 games in a row!

No they didn't
Go to Top of Page

4 seam

46 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2011 :  21:31:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nole27

quote:

No they didn't

Yes they did! It started in 7u kid pitch they lost at the end of the year at 8U.

Edited by - 4 seam on 04/27/2011 22:52:43
Go to Top of Page

Chili

2 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2011 :  21:53:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nole27

quote:

No they didn't

Yes I think I recall them winning that many in a row. I looked back at there USSSA records

7u 40-0
8u 40-2 with the 2 losses at the end of year.

Throw in league games and triple crown....I believe they could have.
Go to Top of Page

itsbaseballtime

348 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2011 :  03:31:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Baeballpapa-

If you check out Travel Ball Select you will see the same topic with many other people than us southerners throwing in their thoughts.

I would put the Bandits as 1 of the top 5.

Since the age of 6 in the South, who has been more dominate???

People out West would not, YET...

I will give credit to a team that did accomplish close to the same results over same time period. That was the Tometeros out of So. Cal. They were 550+ wins and 5 or 6 losses over last 5 years. Yes, I know because they smoked us twice at Disney. That team has gone different ways as a 13u team. Coach focusing again on an 8 yr old team.

Bandits- you are the best team in the country at 12u this year. I dont care what anyone else says.

If one of your three big boys is on the mound, FORGETABOUTIT!!!!!!!

Keep it up and keep it together and that record maybe be the best ever at some point down the road.
Go to Top of Page

T13

257 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2011 :  10:06:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check LEON MEDICAL CENTER'S BASEBALL Team from Miami (13 Major) this year....record since 2008 (148 - 16)
Go to Top of Page

noerrors

31 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2011 :  18:04:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not sure about their record but the Chattanooga Chiefs had some pretty good teams when they were 8U,9U and 10u. I think 2005-2007.
Go to Top of Page

HITANDRUN

436 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2011 :  09:11:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
baseballpapa how many still on the team from the 6U squad just asking not trying to be
rude.
Go to Top of Page

TAZ980002

831 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2011 :  09:42:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HITANDRUN

baseballpapa how many still on the team from the 6U squad just asking not trying to be
rude.

Including Coach Troy ???
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000