Tournaments
 Slugfest Tournament 2011
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Thunder

72 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2010 :  13:23:01  Show Profile
The 2011 Tournament will be held on March 4th - 6th.

This tournament will be a great way to get your season started against top competition. The tournament is charity event that benefits the Miracle League and Northside Hospital's pediatric services.

The 2011 Tournament will be a TRIPLE CROWN EVENT. For each age group, this event will be separated into two different classes - Division I and Division II.

The Division I class is designed for any team that wants to compete at the highest level. Many D1 teams are made up of the best players in a city or county. This is Triple Crown's most competitive division. (for example, major and upper AAA teams).

Division II is designed for the experienced middle of the pack travel teams (for example, lower AAA and AA teams). This division is designed for teams that are not designed to compete with elite teams. Examples of teams that enter this division include (but are not limited to) teams that have players from a limited geographic area, small town teams, or new teams.

All team rosters must be registered on line with Triple Crown PRIOR to the tournament beginning. Tournament rules can be found on the Triple Crown website.

The top (4) four teams in each division will receive an automatic berth to any of the four Triple Crown National Events. The top (2) two teams in each class will receive a berth in the Triple Crown State Tournament.

The team tournament entry fee is $395 and the team gate fee is $150.

If you pay your gate fee before February 1st 2011, you will receive a $25 discount. The team gate fee enables your team to have unlimited fans attend without having to pay a daily per person gate fee the weekend of the tournament.

Again in 2011, The Ripken Experience will be a proud partner of the Slugfest Tournament. For the 2011 tournament, Ripken is able to provide
- For both teams that play in each championship game, Ripken would provide a $400 discount to a week long summer tournament in Myrtle Beach in 2011 or 2012.....so basically these teams would be playing in the Slugfest tournament for the cost of the gate fee.
- Ripken will provide up to three (3) coaches of each winning team of all ages/classes a Ripken Bag and other complimentary Ripken items.

You will find an entry form on the tournament website at
www.leaguelineup.com/slugfest

dgersh22

169 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2010 :  13:30:30  Show Profile
Will the teams be classed when they sign up are will they be on their honor to chose the correct division? With this being one of the 1st tournaments of the year I can see alot of the higher class AAA teams stepping down to the lower division. I can see the possibility of alot of your teams that you get from leagues such as the Lanier League (Low AAA, AA Teams) not playing in this tourney due to the fact that they will be playing teams out of their division. I myself can't wait for this tournament, because it goes to such a great cause; I just don't want you to lose teams due to poor judgement of teams entering into the wrong division.
Go to Top of Page

ecbpappi

244 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2010 :  15:18:52  Show Profile
Also, what do you mean the top 2 teams will receive a birth to the state championships? Isn't the TC state championships an open tournament?
Go to Top of Page

tommynole99

48 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2010 :  10:12:33  Show Profile
I heard this tournament was already full. Any spots available in U11?
Go to Top of Page

baseballready

188 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2010 :  11:51:47  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by tommynole99

I heard this tournament was already full. Any spots available in U11?

According to Triple Crown site (sponsor organization this year) all age groups have spots available.
http://www.triplecrownsports.com/whoscoming.asp?results=False&sportid=1&tournyid=4309
Go to Top of Page

263 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2010 :  16:10:28  Show Profile
Where is the list of who's entered? i couldn't find it on the site.
Go to Top of Page

baseballready

188 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2010 :  11:23:17  Show Profile
Link in my post above will take you directly to Triple Crown listing of teams either penciled in (lower case) or paid (ALL CAPS).
quote:
Originally posted by 22202

Where is the list of who's entered? i couldn't find it on the site.

Go to Top of Page

263 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2010 :  14:52:56  Show Profile
Thanks...I looked at this yesterday and didn't see it. User error!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000