Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Spartan4

913 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2010 :  14:41:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hahahaha 10BB

I already gave Shannon the vote earlier but your post was too true not to comment on...I know that Shannon puts more time in on the phone trying to attract big out of state teams than ANY other TD. We like playing out of state teams, it is fun and the boys I know like it more than playing the same 5 teams every single weekend. Another thing that I appreciate about Mr. Ivey is how friendly he is, he has two older sons who have done it all and played for some extremely elite teams. Anytime I need advice or have a question about a particular tournament I can ask somebody that I know will give me an honest opinion.
Go to Top of Page

baseballpapa

1520 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2010 :  13:20:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
excoach12: Not only can Bubba not answer that question but from my experience no one else in USSSA can either. As much as the Georgia teams support the Atlanta Super NIT it seems like we would get a lot more support than we do.

You might also ask the question if Florida gives such great support why some of the age divisions only had 2 to 3 teams participating in at least a couple of the Super NIT's compared to the Atlanta Super NIT that sells out every age division year in and year out.

And if you are planning on going to the Alabama Super NIT and two berths are announced do not expect two berths to be granted and do not believe for one minute that if the 1st place team in a Super NIT especially in Alabama cannot or does not accept the Elite 32 berth that the 2nd place team will get it. The berth will most likely go to a team in Louisiana where the national director lives just like it did last year.

All most of the teams want is for any organization to treat all teams the same and build your Elite tournament with the best Elite teams that can qualify for the event.

Edited by - baseballpapa on 09/15/2010 13:30:04
Go to Top of Page

Alter-Ego

802 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2010 :  13:38:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If we have 2 scheduled, that is twice as many as before.

Florida and SO.CAL have more players playing USSSA and get rewarded for those numbers.

My suspicion on LA is two fold. One is that Mr. Odom is from there and has done a good job of convincing the other board members to let them have two. Second is that they have a harder time drawing teams down there and need the incentive of a SNIT berth to draw. I can't believe it to be the # of registered USSSA players in LA that does it.

To be fair, any company wants to award those who are supporting them the most. Whether we like it or not, GA does not support USSSA as strongly as some of the surrounding states. (FL, LA, AL, etc) It is because we have other well represented organizations here in the state (TC, Nations, etc).

It't the ole' "Chicken or the egg theory": More teams would support USSSA if they offered more service here in the state, and USSSA would provide more service here in the state if more GA teams supported them.

Name your top 3 things that USSSA could fix that would make you play more tournaments with them.
Go to Top of Page

Thunder

72 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2010 :  10:09:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

The 2011 Slugfest Tournament will be a Triple Crown event.

More details can be found in the Tournaments posting using the link below.

http://www.nwgabaseball.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11906

Please visit the Slugfest Tournament website at www.leaguelineup.com/slugfest
Go to Top of Page

dgersh22

169 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2010 :  13:46:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In regards to the slugfest and for teams that have never played Triple Crown before_

Will the teams be classed when they sign up are will they be on their honor to chose the correct division? With this being one of the 1st tournaments of the year I can see alot of the higher class AAA teams stepping down to the lower division. I can see the possibility of alot of your teams that you get from leagues such as the Lanier League (Low AAA, AA Teams) not playing in this tourney due to the fact that they will be playing teams out of their division. I myself can't wait for this tournament, because it goes to such a great cause; I just don't want you to lose teams due to poor judgement of teams entering into the wrong division.
Go to Top of Page

bmoser

1633 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2010 :  18:07:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dgersh22:
I thought the teams in our age group registered appropriately last year, so don't see any reason why that wont happen again in '11.

Its fun to see how the LBL and GGBL team stack up against each other.
Go to Top of Page

Alter-Ego

802 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2010 :  15:02:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dgersh22,
I assume the Slugfest will still be a sanctioned USSSA event, so teams will have to play in the division they are registered with USSSA as, or higher.

As for Triple Crown, there are no classifications, so you are either in, or you are not. The nice thing Tony has done is created a silver and gold elimination brackets so the lower level teams still get their own division after pool play. Honestly, this works better in my mind because it is determined by how teams play, not by what level they signed up at.

Anyway, it will be here before we know it.
Go to Top of Page

itsaboutbb

164 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2010 :  15:15:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dgersh22

In regards to the slugfest and for teams that have never played Triple Crown before_

Will the teams be classed when they sign up are will they be on their honor to chose the correct division? With this being one of the 1st tournaments of the year I can see alot of the higher class AAA teams stepping down to the lower division. I can see the possibility of alot of your teams that you get from leagues such as the Lanier League (Low AAA, AA Teams) not playing in this tourney due to the fact that they will be playing teams out of their division. I myself can't wait for this tournament, because it goes to such a great cause; I just don't want you to lose teams due to poor judgement of teams entering into the wrong division.

This is from Slugfest website. I see many teams not playing in this because of only 2 classifications.

The 2011 Tournament will be a TRIPLE CROWN EVENT. For each age group, this event will be separated into two different classes - Division I and Division II.

The Division I class is designed for any team that wants to compete at the highest level. Many D1 teams are made up of the best players in a city or county. This is Triple Crown's most competitive division. (for example, major and upper AAA teams).

Division II is designed for the experienced middle of the pack travel teams (for example, lower AAA and AA teams). This division is designed for teams that are not designed to compete with elite teams. Examples of teams that enter this division include (but are not limited to) teams that have players from a limited geographic area, small town teams, or new teams.
Go to Top of Page

Alter-Ego

802 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2010 :  11:19:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alter-Ego

dgersh22,
I assume the Slugfest will still be a sanctioned USSSA event, so teams will have to play in the division they are registered with USSSA as, or higher.

I guess I should have read the message above. I think it will be good having the Slugfest as a TC event.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000