Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

jbc

4 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2010 :  22:52:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Smartplay,
To answer your questions: 1) yes, at least two of the three played at ECB; the third may have, but I don't know. 2) The fact that most moms/dads are successful doesn't mean anything to your child: if your son has the grades, he can get in. And for most families, there will no loans -- only grants -- if the family makes less than $180,000. If they make more than that, the school still offers below-market educational loans. Princeton is now more diverse economically than it's ever been.......I know this because I'm the Alumni Schools Committee chair for Georgia (i.e., we interview every applicant from GA who applies to Princeton).
Unfortunately, there's a lot of bad information floating around -- even on this site -- about Ivy League admissions, athletics, and financial aid issues. I won't get into every post; instead, I suggest that anyone who has questions to contact the admissions offices of the respective schools in which they're interested. Don't do it between the months of November to April -- because they're knee-deep in reading applications and making admissions decisions -- but now is a fine time to send a question.
For Princeton-related questions, I'm glad to answer them off-line or by private message on this forum. Thanks.

quote:
Originally posted by smartplay

Out of curiousity I looked up Princeton baseball website. There are 3 players on the roster from the EC area and Dunwoody. Lassitor, Westminister, and Walker School. Did any of these players play at ECB. Also if you look at the Bios of each player, it has a Parent bio also. Seems everyone on the team has a parent that is a Judge, Lawyer, Doctor, etc.. Does this mean if you kid has the grades and the game he might be passed up if his parents are just commoners?

http://www.goprincetontigers.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPID=4228&SPSID=46839&DB_OEM_ID=10600

Go to Top of Page

ttrain21

128 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  23:18:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All three of the players that are from GA on Princeton's roster played at ECB. Two of the three played for us (ECB Patriots).
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000