General Discussion
 Pitcher's glove color
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

metsFan

63 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2010 :  13:41:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm considering a new glove for my son. Are there any restrictions in terms of glove color or lacing color that would prohibit him from using the glove when pitching? The glove in question has grey leather.

Thanks.

whit417

132 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2010 :  17:59:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As far as I understand it the glove cannot be white. My son used to use a Worth Liberty which was off white when brand new but quickly became a light brown. There was only a complaint by one opposing coach after he had struck out several of his players. He claimed the the hitters were having trouble picking the ball up, which is odd because the glove was on his left hand and he pitches with his right.
Go to Top of Page

coach 6

4 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2010 :  18:02:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What color are the laces? If they were white, probably not.
Go to Top of Page

Alter-Ego

802 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2010 :  19:03:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A glove cannot have white on it. Lacing, web, etc. Same reason you cannot have white tape or wristbands on the throwing or catching hands. Even having it on the catching hand can be an unfair distraction as the batters objective is to pick up the ball as soon as you can in the windup. If you are picking up the laces or an armband, the pitcher has an unfair advantage.
Go to Top of Page

metsFan

63 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2010 :  22:52:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the responses. The laces are black but I imagine that the grey is as close to white as you can get. Looks like the new glove will be a dark color with a non white/grey lacing.
Go to Top of Page

coach 6

4 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2010 :  00:51:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what i meant to say was that you would probably not be allowed to use it in the game. sorry for any confusion due to my poor choice of wording.
Go to Top of Page

ItsjustLLBBall

119 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2010 :  12:54:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The actual rule is the glove must by one solid color and not white. Most umpires do not adhere to the multiple color rule, but some(you know, the ones that think they are bigger than the game) do.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000